Sunday, June 1, 2014

Day 15

Winter that feels like summer. What a weird concept!

It's the beginning of winter here in Tanzania, but you sure wouldn't know it from today's weather. The hotel pool we lounged by today was gorgeous, and we had the entire place to ourselves. I have no idea how much it costs to stay there but from the looks of the exterior, I'd bet it costs a pretty penny. 
On the way home, we discovered our van is actually a safari van. Frank knew, but had just never told anyone. It was one of many highlights today! 
This is Mt. Meru, the mountain we live on!
We also stopped for dinner on the way home from the pool. Chips mayai is the one thing I've been dying to try. They sell it outside of many little shops, and it only costs around $1.00. It's french fries, which they call chips, fried with an egg. How could that not be good?
Chicken anyone?
And for the cherry on top, I borrowed Chelsea's hair dryer tonight and dried my hair for the first since being here! If there is one thing I wish I had brought with me, it's a hair dryer. Who knew having dry hair would be such a luxury?

XOXO,
Amanda

0 comments :

Post a Comment