Saturday, June 14, 2014

Day 28

It's been ONE month!

It seems completely unbelievable that I've been here four weeks already. Time is passing so quickly!

I went up to the orphanage this morning with Chelsea, Ali, and Ashley. Since it's Saturday, the older children weren't at school. I was expecting chaos, per the usual, but in turn found it to be my most favorite shift at the orphanage so far. I had a really good time today helping the mamas hang laundry and play outside with the children. I know all of their names but was so surprised at how many of them now know my name. It feels like I'm building a genuine relationship with them, and that is such a good feeling!

Tonight for dinner we went back to River Trees. The last time we were all there was for our welcoming dinner, so it was only fitting that we have it again as Chelsea's farewell dinner. The best part was our company; a family of monkeys! We saw two very small monkeys in the trees when we visited the hot springs, but these monkeys were so much better. 
I spy with my little eye...
XOXO,
Amanda

0 comments :

Post a Comment