Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Day 17

I may not need to eat the rest of the week.

This afternoon was the monthly lunch and meeting with all of the Mamas at the orphanage. They did all of the cooking and all we had to do was show up hungry. Everything was very delicious!
More chips, chapati, rice, mchuzi, and fried plantains.
For dinner, Baba Glory made us chips mayai, again. That's three nights in a row. I draw the line there. Please no more!

Dessert though, let me tell you about our dessert. We bought 15 bananas for 1,000 shillings (that's only .62 cents!). But wait, there's more!
We filled each banana with pieces of chocolate and baked them, then topped them with ice cream and more melted chocolate.
I could eat this for dessert every single day! It may not be the most visually appealing, but I promise it tastes nothing like it looks.
I'm headed to the hospital tomorrow morning to meet with the doctors and to the orphanage afterwards! Cross your fingers for sunshine, I have more laundry to do. 

XOXO,
Amanda

2 comments :

  1. Now that sounds like my kind of dessert! Maybe I'll give it a try and even add some peanut butter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I said! I want to make my next one with PB&J.

      Delete