Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Day 25

Market day is a big deal.

The large, open markets are only open on Wednesdays and Sundays, which means market day is serious business. Chelsea leaves on Saturday so we braved the masses in search of gifts she could take home to her friends and family. It also meant I was able to do a little grocery shopping. Sadly, the supermarket we chose for groceries was not good. The yogurt and cheese I wanted will just have to wait.

Thank goodness my dinner plans weren't dependent upon those two items. All of the ingredients I used were purchased in the village I live in. Rice, eggplant, and carrots. 

Largest eggplant I have ever seen!
I took a picture of the finished product but it must not have saved. Safe to say I have plenty leftover!

I also have more happy news! Remember Mama Rosa? Well today The Small Things bought her a cow! Her face says it all. 
Tomorrow we are attempting the hike that we decided to cancel last Saturday! Fingers crossed it's not raining, which by the way, it still is.....

XOXO,
Amanda

0 comments :

Post a Comment