Thursday, June 5, 2014

Day 19

Rain, rain, go away.

It's been raining again, and today it poured all morning. Maybe I spoke too quickly wishing away the rain for good. We have some really exciting plans for this weekend so hopefully it clears up again before then. We have a hike planned as well as a trip to maji moto, also known as the hot springs!

I didn't do anything terribly exciting today. I still need to do more laundry, but really don't want to risk it with the unpredictable rains. My clothes took long enough to dry as it was, and that was with sunshine and blue skies! I did walk and buy some fresh vegetables and fruit though. Just up the road from us there are around 8 different produce stands, but all of the women sell pretty much the same thing. I originally tried to buy from a different woman each time, which only seemed fair, but discovered some were charging me more than others. I have a favorite now, and I plan to stick with her!
The orphanage this afternoon was nothing out of the ordinary, but for some reason felt much more difficult than usual. I was planning to stay and help with bedtime but ended up leaving at 6:30. My patience just didn't last as long as usual!

XOXO,
Amanda

0 comments :

Post a Comment