Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Day 31

I saw the sun, and it opened up my eyes, I saw the sun!

I realize those aren't the real song lyrics, but I saw the SUN! It was bright, and warm, and made my laundry so happy! I took a chance this morning washing another bucket full of clothes and it paid off. Although I'm sure my clothes are still wet, at least it was warm for a little while. 

Ali and I worked on our project for a while this afternoon after visiting Dr. Bakari at the hospital. I haven't written much about my project, (the real reason I'm here), but I promise I've been working hard on it. We have a meeting on Thursday and another in two weeks time with the traditional birth attendants. Cross your fingers for good attendance! Some will be traveling quite a ways so we are unsure of how many will actually attend.

We are currently attempting to watch this weeks episode of The Bachelorette, if only I could stream the World Cup just as easily! There's word we might be getting cable at the compound soon. Oh please say it's true!
USA, USA, USA!

XOXO,
Amanda

0 comments :

Post a Comment