Saturday, June 21, 2014

Day 35

Happy first day of summer!

I hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine I've been hearing about back home because I woke up to rain.
Again. 
And it's still raining.
There's plenty of things I could choose to complain about but most I've accepted or adjusted to (like the fact that I haven't had a warm shower since the first night I arrived). 
If there was one thing I could change though, it would be the weather.
We attempted market day at Tengeru in between rain showers, but not ten minutes after we arrived we were running back to the car in the middle of another downpour.

In other news, I spent 12,000 shillings ($7.00 USD) on a bag of granola. That may not be an outrageous price to pay for something back home, but here 12,000 shillings is a lot of money. 
(To give you a more general idea of just how much money that really is, 10,000 shillings is a typical weekly salary here!)
I will say though that it was well worth it. I also thought I hated raisins, but I don't!

Tomorrow is a coffee and cheese farm tour.
Go away rain!

XOXO,
Amanda

0 comments :

Post a Comment