Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Day 39

Language 101

I haven't spent much time lately studying any Swahili. Most of the words I've learned have come from listening to the kids at the orphanage. 

Tonight, Ali taught Swahili and Ashley taught French! I will admit I spent the majority of our Swahili lesson watching soccer (meaning my priorities are definitely in order). Ali is practically fluent, although she won't admit it, and Ashley is much more motivated to learn considering she will be here for six months. 
I did pay more attention to our French lesson though! Let's just say my pronunciation was not pretty and provided for plenty of entertainment.
French is hard!
We spent the rest our day running errands around town. The sun even decided to join us!

XOXO,
Amanda



0 comments :

Post a Comment