Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Day 73

Another new baby!
Meet Jennifer. 
She's three weeks old and the sweetest little thing. The mamas at the orphanage definitely have their hands full with so many little ones!
___________________________________________

Let me tell you about last night. 
Somehow, I got roped into taking Sule for the night. Everyone else had some silly reason they couldn't do it. Fine, fine, deciding to take one for the team, I agreed to do it. 

It. Was. Awful.
(Do not let that yawn fool you!)
I didn't sleep. Sule didn't sleep. And at 5:00am, I walked across the compound and knocked on Carrie's door. I'm sure she wasn't very happy to see me, but boy was I thrilled to see her! I think the poor guy had an upset tummy because no matter what I tried, nothing worked to settle him. My head finally hit the pillow at 5:30am.

I'm feeling overwhelmed at the moment with a list of work tasks (is this what a real job feels like?), but am somehow making the time to apply for another internship starting this fall. Carrie has real life job experience, unlike me, and has offered to look over my resume and cover letter. Thank you Carrie, you're the best!

XOXO,
Amanda

P.S. Two weeks from today I'll be on a plane back home!

0 comments :

Post a Comment