Saturday, July 12, 2014

Day 56

Only 30 more days!

Believe it or not, I'm already dreading the day I leave this wonderful place. Not because I don't want to go home, but because I don't know when I will come back. The first month of my trip absolutely flew by, which means these last 30 days could too.

We're considering taking Sule back to orphanage on Wednesday. In the mean time, we have a mama here at the compound daily from 9am-3pm to give us a little break. Today we took full advantage of that and went to Arusha for lunch. I ordered a gourmet BLT, complete with egg and avocado. 

Considering the freezing temperatures lately, a hot chocolate was also necessary. When I first arrived in Tanzania, I giggled at the sight of children dressed in snow suits. Their mothers are clearly just being dramatic because it's not that cold. Fast forward two months and I would also like a snow suit! Another fashion trend here is socks with sandals. Back home I would not be caught dead wearing this awful fashion faux pas. 
But those are my feet and today I caved. I can guarantee I won't be wearing this outside of the compound, but I can now say I've rocked socks and sandals.

I'm turning into a Tanzanian!

Please send the sun back! I'd really like a pool day. 

XOXO,
Amanda

2 comments :

  1. Ali once made fun of me for wearing socks with my sandals for a quick 5 minutes.. I'll laugh if she caved, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, she also wore socks with her flip flops!

      Delete