Monday, July 21, 2014

Day 65



Crash and burn. Literally.



I’ve decided to start training for my half marathon now, rather than wait another three weeks. When you haven’t run in two months, maybe it’s not the best idea to start by running hills, on the slopes of a mountain. I may have started out a little too quickly and not two minutes down the road hit my first hill. A really long, really steep, ugly hill. My chest started burning first and then my legs. I ran approximately ten more minutes before deciding to walk. I walked another five minutes before turning around and running home. With the compound in sight, I managed to trip. I went flying head first, and probably resembled someone sliding into home plate. I wish I could say no one saw me, but they did. Aside from a bloody elbow, scrapped up hands, and a bruised hip, I’m just fine!



 My day completely turned around when I finally received Kelsey's package. From the dented and worn exterior, it looks like the box had quite the journey from Italy to Tanzania. This package, from my best friend Kelsey, made my cry really happy tears. Kelsey, how did I get so lucky having you as my best friend? I have experienced and learned so much these past two months, but most of all I have realized just how blessed my life truly is.

 (No picture today due to the slow internet at the airport!)

I leave for Zanzibar in one hour! I’m not taking my computer, which means I won’t be blogging. I can’t wait to share of my pictures when I get back!



Happy early birthday to two of my best friends and birthday twins, my beautiful momma and my best friend Kelsey! I wish I could celebrate with each of you. I love and miss you both dearly!



XOXO,

Amanda

0 comments :

Post a Comment