Thursday, July 17, 2014

Day 60 & 61

Transformation Tuesday 
(because I already used my Throwback Thursday)

Before:














After:
Look how big the twins are getting! 
And guess what, I can now tell them apart!
Joaquim on the left, Jon on the right.
___________________________________________

Yesterday we were without power and internet. I hadn't missed a day of blogging in nearly 60 days but I suppose it was bound to happen at some point. We had a list of errands to run in Arusha and one included stopping at the immigration office. Since every new volunteer needs a CTA permit to legally volunteer in Tanzania, we use the same immigration officer each time. After dropping off the passport, I received this text message from Abu:

When the power finally came back on this afternoon, I set out to accomplish my long to-do list. My midpoint review for my practicum was due 10 days ago, which by default made it my top priority. The now functioning internet also allowed us to book our hotel in Zanzibar.
I'm so excited!


XOXO,

Amanda



0 comments :

Post a Comment