Saturday, July 19, 2014

Day 63

Thrift shopped like Macklemore.

Today was market day and we decided to shop! I think I mentioned before that Tengeru slightly resembles a very large garage sale, with practically every item imaginable. With a little patience and a lot of time, I came home with some really great finds!

For 30,000 shillings (less than $20 USD), I bought three scarves, a pair of white low-top converse, and a pair of sweat pants. I meant to take pictures but started washing them before I remembered. I will add pictures tomorrow!
___________________________________________

SuleMonster update:
We've partnered with another orphanage that is brand new and has no other infants, which means they are in the perfect position to provide one-to-one care. Temporarily, Suleman will be staying at Kumbuka Children's Center in Arusha. We're still in the process of contacting doctors for surgery, but in the mean time I'm confident he is getting the care he needs. 
We all miss you baby Sule!
XOXO,
Amanda

0 comments :

Post a Comment