Friday, May 23, 2014

Day 6

The sun finally came out today!

It's the end of the rainy season here but you wouldn't know it was the end. Since arriving last Sunday, it's rained almost every day. It was a little chilly this morning but by this afternoon we had beautiful weather, finally! Hopefully it decides to stick around. Tomorrow we have plans to go to Arusha to a resort pool. I think we can pay around 8,000 shillings (which is about $6.00) and can then lay by their pool all day long. Yes please!

The view from outside my room:
Banana trees are everywhere!
Tonight I worked the night shift at the orphanage. I'm pretty sure chaos is just a reoccurring theme and there's no avoiding it. Try putting to bed 26 children between the ages of 7 weeks and 5 years old. Not easy, really crazy, and I think I've run out of patience. When I left, you could still hear the older children talking and singing in their room. There's a reason bed time begins at 7pm!

XOXO,
Amanda

1 comments :

  1. That sounds like so much fun putting all the kids to bed. I have trouble and no patience just putting 2 to bed.
    Love Ant Debbie

    ReplyDelete