Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 1

After 19 hours of travel, I made it safely to Tanzania!

I left Boston around 7:30pm on Saturday and arrived in Amsterdam at 8:15am. My first international flight, check! My choices for dinner were beef stroganoff or vegetarian pasta. Easy choice, pasta please. 
I loved that each seat had its own small TV monitor. The movies and TV shows were all free and there were so many choices. Since reading Lone Survivor earlier this year, I had been wanting to watch the movie but just hadn't made the time. How perfect Lone Survivor was of the choices! I also didn't know Taylor Kitsch (the actor who plays Tim Riggins in Friday Night Lights, aka the man of my dreams) was in it. Easily made the movie infinity times better. 
My flight from Amsterdam to Kilimanjaro left at 10:15am. The two hour layover was the perfect amount of time to brush my teeth, met up with Ali (my roommate from Boston who is also here with me this summer), and go back through security before boarding. I only slept a few hours on the first flight and ended up sleeping the majority of the way to Kilimanjaro. I don't even know what they served for meals because I slept right through them!

We finally landed in Kilimanjaro around 7:45pm and made it to Usa River around 9:00. It was dark when we landed so I'm anxious to see what everything looks like tomorrow morning! I'll post more pictures of my room and where I am staying then. 

XOXO,
Amanda  

2 comments :

  1. I am so happy you made it safely! I am looking forward to reading about all of your adventures! I love you dearly Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you made it there safely
    Love ant Debbie

    ReplyDelete