Thursday, May 22, 2014

Day 5

Power cuts, yuck!

I went to sleep with no power and woke up to no power. It didn't turn back on until this evening! Power cuts are common and sometimes last days at a time (gasp!). What that really means is, if you're debating whether or not to shower but you currently have power, you better just shower. Because I woke up to no power and torrential downpour, I skipped the morning shift at the orphanage. That's terrible I know, but I couldn't see a thing when my alarm went off at 5:30am.

I did end up at the orphanage a little later though. Both twins happened at be awake at the same time, and that doesn't happen often! They are so tiny and completely adorable. Meet Johnny and Joaquim (I'm still working on being able to tell them apart):
(Don't mind the pink. Both Johnny and Joaquim are little boys. If it's clean and it fits, they wear it! It's pretty entertaining some of the outfits the children end up in, especially the older children who can dress themselves. They get to pick out their outfits everyday, and some are quite creative!)

I also got to Skype with my mom tonight! It was the highlight of my day and the first time I've gotten to talk to her. I love you mom and am so grateful for your support! I know you worry but try your best not to. I'll be home soon, only 83 more days!

XOXO,
Amanda


3 comments :

  1. Amanda you made my day being able to talk to you and see your beautiful face. It's hard not to worry but that's what moms do. Looking forward to Saturday when we can Skype again. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh the twins are so cute. Bet you are loving it. Glad you were able to talk to mom. We all are so proud of you and what you are doing.

    Love Ant Debbie

    ReplyDelete