Sunday, August 10, 2014

Day 85

The goodbyes have begun.

Carrie and Claire left tonight, and as sad as it was to see them go, I know I will see them both again. Abby leaves early tomorrow morning, and in two short days Ali and I will be leaving too. I left Boston to come to Tanzania back on May 17th and somehow three months have gone by.
How crazy is that?

Today my favorite Tanzanian, Frank (our driver), invited us all for lunch at his house. His wife cooked for everyone and the food was delicious. The sweet, sweet people here continue to amaze me. I was humbled once again by their overflowing amount of hospitality.
The new Volunteer Coordinator arrives tomorrow and my last two days are full of meetings. The last 48 hours of my summer in Africa has already started ticking away, oh my goodness.

XOXO,
Amanda


0 comments :

Post a Comment